Méditerranean Games took place in Tarragona (Spain) this year. France won 2 gold medals :
- Thom Gicquel and Bastian Kersaudy won the first gold medal for french badminton with a serene victory in final 21/9 21/19 against the pair Koca / Salim.
- Few minutes after, in women's double, the French Delrue / Palermo, finalists in Orléans since three years, won the gold medal also thanks to a victory in final 21/17 21/16 against Ercetin / Inci (Turkey).
- Luca Corvée returned a silver medal in men's single : he is only beaten in final by Pablo Abian (winner in Orléans 2014) after a great fight 21/23 21/15 21/17. Toma Popov Junior returned a bronze medal : after his defeat in semi-final, he won against Ali Kurt 21/17 21/16.
- In the women's single draw, the french Yaelle Hoyaux fails at the feet of podium. Neslihan Yigit (quarter finalist in Orléans 2018) dominated in final Beatriz Corrales (winner in Orléans 2014) in two rounds 21/19 23/21.
The last week was happened the Yonex Canada Open (Super 100 - 19/24 June) :
- The french Thomas Rouxel raised until semi-fianls where his tournament was stopped by the eventual winner : Lu Guangzu. The Chinese defeated Toby Penty and Mark Caljouw, double winner in Orléans 2017 and 2018.
- In men's double draw, our 2018 winners, Mark Lamsfuss et Emil Seidel lost in final against the pair Ellis / Langridge after a great fight 19/21 21/18 22/20.
- The Japonese Sakuramoto et Takahata won in women's double after a victory in semi final against Lefel / Tran (semi-finals in Orléans in 2018) and in final against Herttrich / Nelte.
- After respective failures in final of men's double and women's double, Lamsfuss / Herttrich (winners mixed double in 2017) lost also the final in mixed double against Ellis / Smith (21/13 21/4).
The next tournament to follow : Malaysia Open 2018 (HSBC BWF World Tour - Super 750 - 26 June / 1st July)